Can’t create controller

General help and tips
Forum rules
Please read these rules and advices before posting.
  • Before you ask any question about a tool, to avoid duplicates, please:
    1. Search for a solution in the available guides and documents.
      The Duik user guide is available as a PDF for free, or you can buy the beautiful book and help finance Duik.
    2. Some video tutorials are available.
    3. Maybe you can find an answer in the frequently asked questions (FAQ).
    4. You can user the search tool of this forum to see if your question has already been asked.
  • We're very few people to manage this forum, please be patient if we're a bit long to answer.
  • Don't hesitate to answer to other people's questions! The goal of this forum is not only to have the Rainbox team answer users' questions, but to have everyone sharing and helping each other.
  • Finally, please always be polite, and keep in mind that all we want is sharing techniques and knowledge, helping each other.
SERCH_1

Can’t create controller

Post by SERCH_1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:59 am

:shock: Hi, first off in totally new to DUIK, that said I’m having a problem creating a controller in DUIK 15.52 im using after effects 2017. When I click on a layer so I can make a controller I don’t get any of the options for customizing it. I get a new layer but I don’t get the create controller option if that makes any sense. So it’s just useless. I would appreciate any help with this problem. Thanks

Duduf

Re: Can’t create controller

Post by Duduf » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:59 am

Hi,

what type of layer is it? is it a null object?
If so, you can go in the setings to change the controller type to a shape layer instead, and you'll have the options.

SERCH_1

Post by SERCH_1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Thanks! it worked..and thank you for the quick reply!

Duduf

Post by Duduf » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:35 am

You're welcome ;)