Working with Keyframes on DUIK

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Forum rules
Please read these rules and advices before posting.
  • Before you ask any question about a tool, to avoid duplicates, please:
    1. Search for a solution in the available guides and documents.
    2. Some video tutorials are available.
    3. Maybe you can find an answer in the frequently asked questions (FAQ).
    4. You can make a search to see if your question has already been asked.
    • Thank you for giving a detailed and precise title to your topics, to help searching in the future.
    • We're very few people to manage this forum, please be patient if we're a bit long to answer.
    • Don't hesitate to answer to other people's questions! The goal of this forum is not only to have the Rainbox team answer users' questions, but to have everyone sharing and helping each other.
    • Finally, please always be polite, and keep in mind that all we want is sharing techniques and knowledge, helping each other.
alexisb

Working with Keyframes on DUIK

Post by alexisb » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi Guys,

I am new to animation and moving with DUIK. I would just like to ask you how I can use this interface to do keyframe animation? (ex. making the guy play guitar) Is there any tutorial online that explains this?

Attaching a reference

Many thanks
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 10.05.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 10.05.00 AM.png (299.7 KiB) Viewed 124 times

Duduf

Re: Working with Keyframes on DUIK

Post by Duduf » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Hi,

Duik brings some tools to make animation a bit more user friendly in After Effects, and does not completely replace After Effects keyframes; you'll have to animate in Ae as usual, and you may use Duik tools to be quickier with the adjustment of interpolations, trajectories, etc.

To learn how the tools of Duik work, you can have a look at the user guide.

alexisb

Re: Working with Keyframes on DUIK

Post by alexisb » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:18 am

Thanks for the reply! one more question: i animated the character but there are sides of it that look cut when its moving( thigh area for example)

attaching reference..

how can i fix this? do i have to redraw this perfectly circular on illustrator or there is something im missing in AE that can fix those details?

Thanks
Attachments
record-button2-(Converted).gif
record-button2-(Converted).gif (566.92 KiB) Viewed 116 times