Walk Direction - Automated walk cycle - How?

Rigging, animation, import/export of characters, props and cameras comprehensive tool set for After Effects.
Forum rules
Please read these rules and advices before posting.
  • Before you ask any question about a tool, to avoid duplicates, please:
    1. Search for a solution in the available official user guide.
    2. Some video tutorials are available.
    3. Maybe you can find an answer in the frequently asked questions (FAQ).
    4. You can make a search to see if your question has already been asked.
    • Thank you for giving a detailed and precise title to your topics, to help searching in the future.
    • We're very few people to manage this forum, please be patient if we're a bit long to answer.
    • Don't hesitate to answer to other people's questions! The goal of this forum is not only to have the Rainbox team answer users' questions, but to have everyone sharing and helping each other.
    • Finally, please always be polite, and keep in mind that all we want is sharing techniques and knowledge, helping each other.
Penrose

Walk Direction - Automated walk cycle - How?

Post by Penrose » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:49 am

So, I've gotten to the point where I can rig my artwork to your rig and get a walk cycle working just fine.

HOWEVER, that was when I had the character facing to the left. All of my artwork currently is facing to the right. Your documentation says: "To change the direction of the cycle, change the sign of the speed." Yet the only thing I see in your controls regarding "speed" is under walk cycle called:

Walk Speed (kmph).

When I adjust this to a non-negative number I get script errors.

Am I just going about this all wrong and my figure it supposed to be facing the left?

thank you!

Penrose

Re: Walk Direction - Automated walk cycle - How?

Post by Penrose » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:46 pm

So, alright apparently DUIK just shouldn't be used with AE Javascript it seems.

I'm abandoning that until it fully supports it. I switched to legacy and the reversal works.